431 East College Street
Granville, OH 43023
Toll free: 800-233-8787
Paul Stankard8 Old Landing Road
Mantua, NJ 08051
Paul Stankard, the author of No Green Berries or Leaves--The Creative Journey of an Artist in Glass and his 2013 book Spark the Creative Flame--Making the Journey from Craft to Art is recognized widely as one of the world's master glass paperweight artists, and is famous for his flameworked floral motifs expressed in crystal paperweights, rectangular columns, and orbs.
His book contains a collection of autobiographical essays that presents the author's record of his life as a struggling, then highly successful, artist; reveals insights into the challenges he faced as a dyslexic and how he came to understand, then circumvent, his disability; and records his perspectives on the history of the studio glass movement in America as he witnessed and experienced it during the past fifty years.
Stankard is available for talks illustrated with PowerPoint, discussion groups or chats, and book signings.
1. Nature Translated into Glass.
2. The Creative Journey of an Artist in Glass.
3. Challenges of a Studio Artist.
4. Overcoming the Challenges Posed by Learning Disabilities.
1. For speaking engagements, the author requests reimbursement for travel expenses.
2. An honorarium of $1500.00 is required.
3. Invitations to speak should be extended to the visiting author.
4. The author's book published by McDonald & Woodward will be available on site, either through the visiting author or the sponsoring organization; contact M&W Publishing at 1-800-233-8787 for further information about buying our books.