431 East College Street
Granville, OH 43023
Toll free: 800-233-8787
Dr. Elmer A Keen5467 Caminito Vista Lujo
San Diego, CA 92130
Dr. Elmer Keen is the author of Ownership & Productivity of Marine Fishery Resources: An Essay on the Resolution of Conflict in the Use of the Ocean Pastures. Dr. Keen’s interest in resource management began as a graduate student of geography at the University of Washington and has continued throughout his academic career. He has served on the faculties of the University of Victoria in British Columbia and of San Diego State University in California, where he is currently Professor Emeritus in geography. Much of his research and teaching has focused on the management and conservation of marine resources and he has published numerous articles on the subject. His current thought on marine fisheries management has been shaped by years of research conducted in cooperation with Japanese geographers on Japanese fishery cooperatives. Dr. Keen has been the associate director of the Center for Marine Studies at San Diego State University and has served as a member of the San Diego Region Coastal Commission and the San Diego Clean Water Program Advisory Committee. He retired from teaching in 1991.
Dr. Keen is available for talks illustrated with slides, discussion groups or chats, and book signings.
1. Who Owns America's Ocean Pastures and Who Should?
2. Rights and Resolution of Fishery Management Shortfalls.
3. Sole Ownership: A Workable Framework for US Fishery Resources.
1. For speaking engagements, the author requests reimbursement for travel expenses.
2. An honorarium is appreciated whenever possible.
3. Invitations to speak should be extended to the visiting author.
4. The author's book published by McDonald & Woodward will be available on site, either through the author or the sponsoring organization; contact us at 1-800-233-8787 for further information about buying our books.