431 East College Street
Granville, OH 43023
Toll free: 800-233-8787
William G. Clotworthy
26 Spinnaker Cove Drive
Midlothian, VA 23112
After spending 42 years in the advertising end of the television broadcasting industry, where he worked with such television icons as Groucho Marx, Johnny Carson, and Milton Berle, and spending twelve years as censor for "Saturday Night Live" –William Clotworthy retired and began to travel, to lecture, and to write. Now he turns his attention to identifying and describing sites commemorating American presidents. He is a recognized authority on presidential sites, authoring two other books on the American presidential heritage, Presidential Sites: A Directory of Places associated with Presidents of the United States, and Homes and Libraries of the Presidents (now in its third edition, revised), In the Footsteps of George Washington: A Guide to Sites Commemorating the First President, and his most recent title, Homes of the First Ladies: A Guide to Publicly Accessible Homes, Museums, and Related Sites.
Mr. Clotworthy previously taught a class on George Washington at the College for Seniors at the University of North Carolina, Asheville, and has been named an "Ageless Hero of North Carolina" in recognition of his life-long pursuit of knowledge.
Mr. Clotworthy is available for talks illustrated with slides.
1. Homes of the Presidents: The Places that Shaped Our Presidents.
2. George Washington in the West: Early Adventures beyond the Blue Ridge.
3. Homes of the First Ladies.
4. My Twelve Years as "Doctor No," Censor on Saturday Night Live.
1. For speaking engagements, the author requires reimbursement for travel expenses.
2. An honorarium, to be negotiated based on time, place, and other factors.
3. Invitations to speak should be extended to the visiting author.
4. The author's books published by McDonald & Woodward will be available for sale on site, either through the author or the sponsoring organization; contact us at 1-800-233-8787 for further information about buying our books. Invitations and all other arrangements may be made directly with Mr. Clotworthy.